come on carbaby.
Spent the weekend waiting for Baby Carberry to arrive. So, in not so patient anticipation of his arrival I figured I would share the story of how we found out the little man was coming and a few of my favorite things he has so far.
Let's start with confirming that when people say "you just know" when you're pregnant, was totally true for me. I had a serious gut feeling that I certainly could not shake but after multiple tests being negative I just thought maybe my feelings were off. Enter bachelorette party weekend... I'm not pregnant so let the party begin! I went away to boston for a fun weekend celebrating one of the bests for her last fling before the ring. By no means was this a weekend in Vegas where I drank my weight in pinot, but we had a great time at dinner, an epic bloody mary bar brunch and sox game - so there were plenty of beverages (even capping the weekend off in the airport with dinner and pinot before my flight). Getting home late, patrick was already asleep so being a touch tipsy, I couldn't shake the feeling that I might be pregnant so before showering I decided to take the last test. I hopped in the shower and patrick woke to find the text on our vanity as "positive." #woops
don't worry I made up for it... after going to the doctor to confirm the results, I bought and wrapped a little gift to give him when he got home from work a few days later to surprise him with the results. (i guess with that hat you could say I had my fingers crossed from day 1 that it was a boy)
since may we have gotten so many adorable things for the little man but a few of my favorites so far are:
1. For the nursery: 2 vintage hanns-peter krafft sheep (names TBD)
2. For everyday lounging: This adorable grey two piece from Egg by Susan Lazar
3. For mom: Baby's First Year book - so I can be one of "those" moms that documents everything to one day embarrass him
4. For food time: Aden + Anais snap bibs (i think i have 50 of them - i'm obsessed)
5. For play time: This adorable wolf cub that we HAD to have because his name means wolf cub (hint hint)
6. For nap time: A little snuggle time with the sheep blankie from Pottery barn kids.
Now we just need him to get here so he can use it all... Come on #carbaby - we're ready for you!!