I know everyone is focused on looking back at 2017, but I am excited and focused on 2018. Last year was one of the best years of my life; the birth of Cannon, amazing times with family and friends and clients that were a dream to work with. Yes it was hard and I cried a lot and had to drink a lot of wine at times to make it through and I was totally exhausted 90% of the time, but I would do every minute all over again if I could. So I wanted to focus on how to make 2018 better and keep myself, my family and my work happy, healthy and productive. So here are just a few personal and professional things I want to focus on:
- Streamline client process: work on simplifying intake and work flow with clients. I want to make sure working with me is easy from the start.
- Take more me time: SoulCycle, tea dates with myself, mani/pedis and sleep... lots more sleep.
- Do better at Christmas: the holidays are important to me and I want to make sure that my friends, family and clients feel the Love by planning farther in advance (since it’s the same day every year).
- Cook 2 dinners per week: I used to be really good at making dinner for Patrick and I. I need to get back to that and hopefully it will mean more recipes for the blog!
- Focus on my styling and event clients: I already have some really exciting gigs lined up but I want to focus more on them and how to step them up a notch creatively. Think outside of the box more and collaborate more!
- Work on my photography: as a hobby... I will not be a photographer. Ever. But I really enjoy playing around with my camera so I want to get better at it.
- More date nights: and just more love in general. Mostly with Patrick but with my girls too.
- One day a week for CC: take 1 day for just Cannon. No work meetings. Not answering a million emails. Just hanging with my little man.
- More ladies nights: see number 7. Happy hours. Movies. Just hanging. Maybe taking a crafting class of sorts?!
- Bring new branding/social clients: focus of sharing this work more to bring in new clients.
And a major goal is to circle back on these goals once a quarter and see where I’m at. So stay tuned. I’ll try to update on progress. Happy 2018!