I thought about doing this post before cannon arrived but opted for a post baby post because I felt it might be more helpful for my future mom friends. After literally packing everything under the sun and using one of those mile long "hospital bag checklists," these ended up being the most important things. And honestly all I needed were these things because everything else you need they have for you at the hospital. i packed probably a weeks' worth of clothes and pajamas and toiletries and besides the essentials (tooth brush/paste, deodorant, etc.), these were the only things I really feel like I would absolutely need to pack again - even if i have another c-section and need to be in the hospital a few extra days. Below is my list with links where applicable to come of my recommendations.
- Comfy PJ pants: SO obsessed with these joggers and the matching robe from the gap.
- Nursing Tanks: These camis from asos turned out to be affordable, easy and comfy (i swore by wearing asos throughout my pregnancy).
- Going home outfit: to each their own...
- Face wipes: aveeno are all i use and were necessary because although you do get a shower, it is just nice to freshen up every once in awhile if you are there for awhile like i am.
- Phone charger: duh.
- Blanket: as you know, my go-to koko's nest (so soft and cuddly).
- Hat: we had a million packed for little man. but the favorite was his monica & andy hat.
- Onesie: thousands of options literally. but something with feet and hand coverings is recommended.
- Nursing pillow: little beam was a pillow that mother in law found in the hospital store because it was the one thing i did not bring and it was perfect while in the hospital bed!
- Swaddle: is there another brand? aden + anais
And the bag? Kate Spade. Mine was from last season because I ended up getting it at a Kate spade outlet for (drum roll please)... $80. And I love it! It includes the changing pad too! Similar can be found here.
Next time around, hospital packing will be much easier and I won't be bringing so many clothes and so much STUFF.