recipe. honey citrus garlic salmon.
At a recent event I had the opportunity to play chef and make dinner. We made a turkey dish and a fish dish, the fish was a salmon. Since I only had a few hours to pull off the recipe, get the ingredients and cook, I came it up with something simple, sweet and salty. Enter the honey, lemon lime, garlic salmon recipe that will change your life… or at least your dinner.
And here it is:
- Prep the honey by mixing salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning (or fresh rosemary and thyme) with the honey. (Depending on the size of your salmon, you should plan on about 2 tablespoons of honey and seasoning to your taste).
- Chop the garlic into large chunks, slice lemons and limes for squeezing.
- Place the salmon on a piece of tin foil and brush with oil, drizzle the honey mix on top, sprinkle the slices of garlic and squeeze lemon and lime (note: the citrus squeeze should be proportionate to the size of your piece of salmon).
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes (for a medium rare finish).
- Pull out and drizzle more of the honey mix on top.
- Put on broil until the honey drizzle turns a dark brown.
Take out to cool and add a sprinkle of lemon and lime to taste and serve! I also find that wild salmon tends to be a bit more tender and juicier.